A plant based diet doesn’t need to be boring!
The Collective has whipped up some drool worthy recipes including this delicious plant-based loaded wedges with fried pineapple and miso mushroom mince using The Collective Plant Yoghurt.
Watch this space for more plant-based inspiration!
Serves 2 as a main meal.
Sweet Chilli & Ginger Pumpkin Wedges
- 1/2 large crown pumpkin, cut in half again and then into 1-2cm wedges
- 10g ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Miso Mushroom ‘Mince’
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 5g ginger
- 200g mushrooms, chopped in a food processor to a meaty texture
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp miso
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp The Collective Plant Yoghurt-Natural
- Generous season of salt and pepper
Sweet Chilli Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup The Collective Plant Yoghurt-Natural
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl, toss pumpkin with ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and oil to combine. Roast for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through and beginning to crisp.
2. Meanwhile, to make the mushroom mince, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook fora further 3 minutes, then add soy sauce, miso and chilli powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced. Remove from heat and stir through yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. To fry the pineapple, heat a little oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add pineapple wedges and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when beginning to char.
4. To make the sweet chilli yoghurt, whisk together yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce to combine.5.To serve, arrange wedges in a serving dish and pile over the mushroom mince. Scatter over the fried pineapple and dollop over sweet chilli yoghurt. Garnish with herbs and condiments of choice, and enjoy immediately.