Made possible by De’Longhi La Specialista Maestro, we are delighted to share with you Giapo’s special family recipe for torta caprese, a traditional Italian chocolate and almond cake that originates from the island of Capri.
250 g almond meal
250 g sugar
20 g cocoa powder
200g 70% dark chocolate
60g JK14 Mandorla Liqueur
1. Grease and line a 20 cm round cake tin with baking paper and preheat oven to 170ºC.
2. Place the chocolate, broken up, in a metal or glass bowl set over a bain-marie. When melted, remove the bowl from the heat and add the butter, stirring with a wooden spoon to help it melt. Then add the sugar and the almond meal.
3. Once the mixture is no longer hot, add the eggs and almond liqueur and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
4. Pour the batter into the cake tin, smooth over the top and bake for approximately 20 minutes. It is important not to overcook this cake so that it retains its wonderful moist consistency. Let the cake cool completely in the tin before handling.
5. Dust with powdered sugar and, if desired, serve it with ice cream on the side or a De’Longhi coffee made with the new La Specialista Maestro.