Recipe created by @Chan_Can_Eat
x1 pack Silver Fern Farms Venison & Lamb Burgers with Kelp Sea Salt
Wheel of Brie (Sliced horizontally in half – or to your desired thickness)
Brie wedge – for the top (optional)
Whole egg mayo
Buns (brioche recommended)
Cooking oil (for frying brie)
Egg (for crumbing)
Flour (for crumbing)
Panko crumbs – Salt & Pepper
- Cut Brie to size and put in freezer overnight or a few hours prior (optional brie wedge for the top)
- Take Venison & Lamb Burgers out of the fridge and allow to bloom for 10 minutes at room temperature prior to cooking
- Butter buns and toast buns on pan with butter
- Using the same hot pan, fry burgers for 8 minutes – flipping halfway through, once cooked, remove and loosely cover with foil. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- While Venison & Lamb Burgers are cooking:
- Heat oil (to 190 degree Celsius) for frying Brie
- Prepare burger ingredients, slice tomato and red onion. Bring Brie out of freezer (it needs to be frozen for frying) and coat in egg, dip in flour, re-coat in egg then coat in panko crumbs
- Fry for approx. 30 seconds until light golden-brown. Remove Brie and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Assemble burger from top to bottom – Lettuce, sliced tomato, panko Brie, cranberry sauce, sliced red onion, Venison & Lamb Burger, mayo, lettuce. To serve, place a skewer through the brie wedge and the burger to hold ingredients in place.