As vegan baking continues to grow in popularity (up 42% since 2019 according to Google Trends) and with Instagram still a major source of inspiration for many when it comes to baking, we thought it was time to take a look at vegan recipes that are on the rise.
The experts at Dr. Oetker have compiled the best up-and-coming vegan baking trends to get stuck into this year.
By tracking an array of baking Instagram hashtags and collating the top 10 with under 12,000 posts, Dr. Oetker uncovered ten vegan baking trends that are on the rise and sure to be big hitters this year:
- Tasty Fruit Pies – 11,942 Posts
- Chewy Meringues – 11,404 Posts
- Sweet Sugar Cookies – 6,460 Posts
- Fruit Crumbles – 5,757 Posts
- Macaron Madness – 5,415 Posts
- Red Velvet Cake – 5,124 Posts
- Flaky Croissants- 4,971 Posts
- Zingy Citrus Lemon Cake – 4,886 Posts
- Moreish Mug Cakes – 4,457 Posts
- Sticky Cinnamon Buns – 4,117 Posts
And for those budding vegan bakers, if you have any burning questions about vegan baking substitutes, here’s a handy cheat sheet to help get your baking underway:
For more vegan baking inspiration and recipes from Dr. Oetker, visit here.