The Good Oil


Not all essential oils are created equal and there are so many to choose from. How on earth do you know which ones have the most active ingredients and precious phytohormones?

96% of the world’s essential oils are manufactured for the flavour and fragrance industries. They are extracted using chemicals and high heat, which damages the quality of the oil.

Only 4 per cent are developed for therapeutic purposes – that’s what Absolute Essential use. The low and slow extraction methods employed by Absolute Essential are strictly controlled to preserve the purity and valuable phytohormones that support human health. The plants used are genuinely organic. 99.4 per cent of the range is BioGro certified organic, and the remaining 0.6 per cent is wild grown.

Absolute Essential began 34 years ago when founder Dr Bo Hendgen DO ND searched for therapeutic grade oils to use in her health care practice. When she couldn’t find what she wanted, she did what any committed entrepreneur would do and set out to source her own. She travelled the world, trekking through mountains and valleys to meet growers personally, nurturing productive relationships that have stood the test of time.

Absolute Essential is all about ethical production. In 2015 Dr Bo travelled to the earthquake-hit village of Jiri, Nepal, to help a small community co-operative re-establish their artisan papermaking business. This enabled the people of Jiri to keep the tradition alive and provide income security. Absolute Essential uses the beautiful Lokta paper boxes for their gift collections and continues to pursue building the most ethical supply chains possible and always will.

Bo with a farmer in Nepal

“From the beginning, we have worked in harmony with the environment. Sustainability leads the way from reusing waste material, such as demolition concrete for labels, to ensuring that all packaging systems are fully recyclable.”, says Dr Bo Hendgen. “That’s why winning the ‘Most Mindful of Transparency’ Award means so much to us. It’s encouraging to be recognised for something that has always been part of our core values.”

Absolute Essential offers a full range of pure and natural high potency essential oils, carrier oils, skin and healthcare products. These products support a vast array of common conditions, from split ends to morning sickness and sinus congestion to sleep. What’s more, they are gentle on your body and the planet.

When you use a product from Absolute Essential, you can be sure that it has been mindfully formulated by an experienced clinician and contains carefully sourced, pure organic ingredients that are the best in the business, with no equal.

Spread the love
Rate This Article:
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
Sign up to our email newsletters for your weekly dose of good