This simple calendar is a great way to count down to Christmas. You can make the pockets as large or as small as you like to fit the shape of your board.
Special calendars have been used since the 19th century to count the days of the season. This simple calendar was made using a painted backboard and gold lettering created with a Brother ScanNCut. The pockets are stiff tracing paper stitched along three sides and filled with small treats as well as gratitude notes, for instance, “Today we’re thankful for …”
1. Insert 25 small hooks into the wooden board.
2. Using a craft knife and ruler, cut the tracing paper into 50 squares.
3. Sew two squares together along three edges to make a pocket and repeat until you have 25 pockets
4. Number your pockets
5. Punch a hole in the top of each pocket and hang on the board
6. Fill with goodies, or special messages or activities…