Create beautiful Christmas ornaments that look simple and harmonious. The design can be varied endlessly: large, small, rounded or pointy.
YOU WILL NEED:
Crochet hook or knitting needle
String or ribbon for hanging
1. Cut out long strips of paper 1 cm (½ in) wide. The length of the strips will determine the size of the ornaments. For a normal-sized ornament (about 12 cm/4½ in diameter), cut strips that are 15 cm (6 in) long.
2. The number of strips you’ll need depends on how you choose to design your ornament but start with 20.
3. Glue each strip into a circle.
4. Choose how you wish to shape the strips. You can flatten the circles to make them pointy, fold them in half, keep the circles as they are or make swirls using a crochet hook/knitting needle.
5. To make swirls, pick a strip that has not been glued into a circle. Roll the strip tightly around the crochet hook or knitting needle and glue the last piece of the strip to fasten the roll. If you want the roll to be looser, let it out a little before gluing.
6. Now it’s time to start creating your ornaments! Glue them together piece by piece using a glue stick to create round patterns.
7. Once you have finished your ornament, you can apply a stronger glue in the centre to stabilise it.
8. Thread the ornament onto a piece of string to hang it.