Serves 4, Ready in 35 mins
250g frozen peas
¼ cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
100g feta cheese, crumbled
75g wholemeal flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp oil
1 telegraph cucumber, peeled into ribbons
100g baby spinach
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp dukkah
- Before you start: Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook peas: Cook peas in pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, run under cold water to cool and drain again. Transfer peas to a large bowl and crush with a potato masher.
- Assemble fritters: Roughly chop basil, crumble feta and add to bowl with peas, along with eggs, wholemeal flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Whisk together, until just combined.
- Cook fritters: Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Using a ¼ cup measure, spoon batter into pan and cook fritters, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Use remaining oil for second batch.
- Meanwhile, prep salad: Peel cucumber into ribbons and toss in a medium bowl with sauerkraut, spinach and olive oil.
- Serve: Hummus topped with pea fritters and salad. Sprinkle over dukkah.