Photography and styling Aimee Magne
This dessert is a little bit different. It’s full of good-for-you ingredients and the whipped cream just gives it a finish of creamy indulgence! Scale up the recipe as needed to serve more people.
- 1 teaspoon of The Tea Thief’s Tickety-Brew tea
- 1 cup freshly boiled water
- 3 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oat milk
- 1 can whip cream
- Put the blue pea tea into an infuser, place the water and leave for 30 minutes to infuse, cool (and colour!). Remove the infuser and put the blue tea into a large bowl.
- Add the chia, vanilla and maple syrup and stir gently to combine. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to set. Divide the chilled mixture between two bowls. Add the oat milk to one and stir to combine, then leave both bowls in the fridge for an hour.
- Once chilled, put the first lot of chia mixture (without the added oat milk) into a glass cup, then pour the second lot (with the added oat milk) on top. Chill until you’re ready to serve, up to 2 days. When you’re ready to serve, top the glass with some whipped cream for added wow-factor.