If you’ve been looking for the perfect match for your coffee, your dreams have come true, the world-famous Lotus Biscoff biscuits have finally arrived in New Zealand.
Lotus Biscoff proves you don’t have to be big to stand out, and with every bite, you discover the nice surprise of its unique taste and delicious crunchiness.
Take grandma’s classic apple cake a level higher by adding the contemporary touch of Lotus Biscoff.
You will be on cloud nine with this surprising new variation.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 150g sugar
- 11 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 Tbsp milk
- 5 eggs
- 120g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- 2 apples
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix together the flour, 100g sugar, 7 Tbsp oil, milk, three eggs and 60g finely ground Lotus Biscoff.
- Pour this mixture into a greased and floured baking tin.
- Peel apples and discard core. Cut apples into quarters and then into thin slices.
- Crumble the remaining Lotus Biscoff over the mixture and arrange apples on top.
- Mix together remaining 4 Tbsp oil, 50g sugar and two eggs. Pour mixture over apples, making sure they are completely covered.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes
Lotus Biscoff is perfect on its own, with a coffee (biscoff = biscuit + coffee) or as an ingredient for a kitchen delight.
The world-famous biscuit is now available in New Zealand!
Made with non-GMO ingredients, the crunchy, delicious Lotus Biscoff biscuits are vegan friendly and contain no artificial colours, no artificial flavours, and no preservatives.