Want to know what real coconut yoghurt tastes like?
Not all coconut yoghurts are created equal and that’s why we are wanting you to try Cathedral Cove Naturals!
As the saying goes: ‘the proof is in the pudding’ so we’d love to introduce our readers to their newest family member – Banoffee Coconut Yoghurt.
Cathedral Cove Naturals have teamed up with All Good Bananas to create this healthy and delicious, all-natural treat.
Made using only the very best real good ingredients and packed full of healthy probiotics, it’s not hard to see why Kiwis are going bananas over their Banoffee Coconut Yoghurt.
While their Banoffee is proving to be a real crowd-pleaser, all of Cathedral Cove Naturals coconut yoghurts are made using the same love and care.
They are all loaded with natural gut-loving probiotics, natural whole food ingredients and are free from natural or artificial flavours and preservatives.
As a family-owned and operated New Zealand business it’s essential that all of their products not only offer stand out health benefits, but their entire production process is environmentally sound too.
Check out the recipe below using Catherdral Cove Naturals Banoffee Yoghurt.
Vegan Banoffee Slice Recipe
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of desiccated coconut
½ a cup of dried date (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drained)
2 tbs of coconut oil
2 tbs of nut butter (we used almond butter)
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup of raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for 1 hour and then drained)
1 cup of Banoffee Coconut Yoghurt
2 tbs of maple syrup
2 tbs of coconut oil
1 cup of coconut cream
½ a cup of coconut sugar
100g dark chocolate
- Line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a blender or food processor add the oats, coconut, dates, coconut oil, almond butter, and salt. Blend until the mixture comes together nicely. Add the base mixture to the brownie tin and push down to create the base. Pop in the freezer to set while making the other layers.
- To make the vegan caramel simply add the coconut cream and coconut sugar to a small saucepan and bring to boil. Once the mixture is boiling turn down to a medium heat and let reduce for 5 minutes or so until the caramel has thickened slightly. Pour the caramel into a bowl or glass jar and allow to cool in the fridge.
- To make the banoffee cream layer add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until super smooth and creamy. Remove the base from the freezer and pour over the banoffee cream layer. Pop back in the freezer to allow to set for a couple of hours.
- After a couple of hours (or longer) you can remove the vegan caramel from the fridge and pour over the banoffee cream layer. Pop in the freezer to allow to set for another couple of hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the slice and place it back in the freezer to set for another few hours. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes or so before serving so it softens nicely.
There are six flavours in the Catherdral Cove Naturals family including Banoffee Coconut Yoghurt, Blueberry & Chai Coconut Yoghurt, Chocolate Coconut Yoghurt, Coconut Yoghurt, Raspberry & Chai Choconut Yoghurt and Vanilla Bean & Chai Coconut Yoghurt, all available in all good supermarkets nationwide.