Fashion Revolution, in conjunction with the online learning platform Future Learn, is running a free course ‘Fashion’s Future; and the sustainable development goals’ giving opportunity to explore the fashion industry’s connections to the global goals and to discover solutions at personal, industry and policy levels to inspire positive change.
Due to previous success and the ongoing current importance and relevance, this is the second time this course has been made available and features experts from @greenpeace, @careintuk, @cleanclothescampaign, @fairtradeuk, @ellenmacarthurfoundation, @unicef, @canopyplanet, and @loveyourclothes_uk who give insight into how clothes are made, how fashion supply chains work, and the importance of responsible production and consumption.
Topics covered are;
- How the fashion industry works, how we interact with it and the impacts it has on people and planet
- The Sustainable Development Goals and how they relate to the clothes we wear
- Fair Trade/Ethical trade and why it is essential to international development and human rights
- Global fashion supply chains, how they work and how they can have a more positive impact on people and planet
- Gender equality, women’s empowerment and how it links to the clothes we wear
- Decent work and economic growth, what this means in the global fashion industry and what we can do to support good working conditions
- The environmental impacts of the clothes we wear and how we can support better conservation and protection of the planet and its natural resources
Empower yourself with the knowledge of how you can contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through your wardrobe and your future purchases. This course is also Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certified lead by our brilliant policy team, who will join you along the course every step of the way. This course is available until early June, and is run entirely online – so anyone, anywhere can participate.
Register here and and invite a friend to join in with you or a whole group of study buddies!
“We believe the time is now… to re-build a more transparent industry focusing on an equilibrium between People, Planet, Prosperity and Creativity,” says Fashion Revolution New Zealand Fashion Revolution New Zealand country coordinator Amy Conlon. “The effects of Covid-19 on the environment have exposed cleaner air, lower carbon emissions, a slower speed of life for many humans, and breathing space for wildlife. Our challenge now is to reflect on what have we learned from this, and how we can move forward and re-build an industry that is considerate and compassionate to this planet.”
Follow @Fash_Rev_NewZealand on Instagram or @FashRevNewZealand on Facebook. Together we can take collective action for a more transparent industry that values people, the planet, prosperity and creativity in equal measure.