A plant-based diet doesn’t need to be boring! The Collective has whipped up some drool worthy recipes including this delicious plant-based cookie crumble slice with fig and toasted ginger using The Collective Plant Yoghurt.
Watch this space for more plant-based inspiration!
Makes 6 giant or 8 medium slices
- 6g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup The Collective Plant Yoghurt Greek-Style
Vanilla Fig Filling
- 1 heaping cup dried figs
- ½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2-3 tbsp The Collective Plant Yoghurt Greek-Style Vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a slice tin with baking paper. Place figs in a bowl and pour over hot water-cover and allow to soak.
- In a frying pan, dry toast the ginger over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and toasted, stirring so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and add to a large bowl, along with the remaining ingredients. Mix to form a dough. Press into your prepared slice tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned on top.Allow to cool while you make the filling.
- In a food processor or with a stick blender, blend soaked figs with soaking water, coconut oil and salt until a smooth paste. Spread over the prepared base and chill while you make the crumble topping.
- To make the crumble topping, combine almond meal and salt. Slowly add yoghurt, mixing, until a dough forms. Using your fingers, crumble the dough over the filling and gently press. Chill for 2-3 hours until fully set, then slice and serve with generous dollops of vanilla yoghurt.