Who knew chicken-free chicken katsu could taste so good! And with 62 per cent more protein than fresh lean skinless chicken breast, Sunfed’s Chicken Free Chicken is better for your health too.
Created for carnivores and herbivores alike, here’s another mouthwatering, vegan, gluten free, high protein recipe from the food innovation company who are on a mission to make meat alternatives that taste great in the mouth of a meat-eater.
Prep and cooking time 25 minutes
- Your favourite cooking oil
- 1 packet Sunfed® Chicken Free Chicken Wild Meaty Chunks
- 2 cups cooked rice (basmati or jasmine is ideal)
- Fresh lime wedges to garnish
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 100ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbs tamari
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Heat a generous amount of your favourite cooking oil in a pan and fry Sunfed® Chicken Free Chicken until deep golden brown. Season if desired.
- To make the katsu sauce, in a separate pan, cook off the onion in a little oil until translucent. Add the maple syrup to slightly caramelise. Add the garlic and ginger, along with the curry powder, and garam masala. Pour in the vegetable stock, tamari, and coconut cream. Bring to a simmer for 3 minutes. If you prefer a smooth sauce, transfer the mix to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with the hot rice, and sauce poured over the fried Sunfed® Chicken Free Chicken